A restored one-room schoolhouse from the 1880s houses a collection depicting Canton's rural heritage including farm tools.
Exhibits and activities for children, including a planetarium, Bird Road and a "hands-on" lawn sculture named Silverbolt, a horse created from auto bumpers!
The headquarters for the Detroit Garden Center, this Modified Greek Revival house is the city's oldest surviving brick house, built in the 1840s. Here one can find the state's most complete horticultural library amidst the restored furnishings and period antiques.
A restored pilothouse, restored 40- foot hydroplane and a restored passenger steamer lounge are among the highlights of this outstanding collection of the Great Lakes and their boats.
Much of the history of Grosse Ile is contained in two buildings which make up the museum. One building was the Michigan Central Depot from the early 1900s, the other an 1871 U.S. Customs House.
Guided tours and special event programs are highlights at this museum dedicated to the history of African-Americans in Michigan. There is also a special annual celebration of Kwanza in December.
A collection of Pewabic Pottery ceramic, a ceramic gallery and a furniture of the Arts and Crafts Movement is housed in a hictoric 1906 building along with original clay machinery.
Here you can find Trenton's first post office, restored a carriage house with a large church bell as well as the renovated Victorian style home of early tavernkeepers John and Sarah Moore.
Return to Wayne County Index