Michigan's Internet SuperStation! ©
ENJOY AUTUMN AT HUBBARD LAKE IN ALCONA COUNTY AREA
Hubbard Lake, the largest inland lake in Northeastern Michigan, is beautifully located among the forests and hills of Alcona County. Excellent roads connect all sections of the lake with U.S. 23, F-41 and M-72 through Spruce and Lincoln.
South from Alpena
- To start your "Leaf-Peepers" journey around the Hubbard Lake, leisurely drive down Werth Road to Hubbard Lake Road.
- On This route Hubbard Lake Road leads to Hubbard Lake Corners.
- Turning right at the Corners will take you around the lake via Hubert Road over the Lower Thunder Bay River.
- Turn left (south) onto West Shore Drive.
West Shore Drive becomes Mt. Maria Road and skirts the west and south shores of Hubbard Lake.
- Turn left (north) back onto Hubbard Lake Road to view the lake from the east shores.
- Near completion of your journey you will sight Spruce Road.
- Turn right, and it will guide you back out to US-23 South just beyond Ossineke.